Wednesday, March 29, 2006

In a Family Way

One of my co-workers let this one fly earlier:
"I don't know about you guys, but I think our little department has become a family."
That just makes my skin crawl on so many levels. However, in my case it may be accurate. I'm not particularly wild about most of my family members--just like I'm not too fond of my current group of co-workers.

I've always been disturbed by employees that feel some overdeveloped sense of attachment to their workplace (just as I'm suspicious of companies that try to instill a familial since of loyalty in their people). It's all well and good to like your co-workers (I have in the past) but I think putting the family moniker on it is a bit strong. But if you must, then sure. We're one big family. I'm the bitter disillusioned black sheep son and you people are my retarded cousins. When I "move out" you can bet your ass this is one set of family re-unions I won't be attending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home